Carson VS The System

 In April, when Carson tried to hang himself in the basement, he was arrested for domestic violence. While in jail for one night, he peeled pain off the walls. When questioned, he told the officer he was bored and had ADHD so he needed something to do with his hands The officer instead moved him to another cell (WTH?) where Carson continued to peel paint. So now he is charged with damage of 2 jail cells instead of one. Even though he asked for something to do or distract himself with. He shouldn't have been in jail in the first place; he should have been taken to a mental health hospital or treatment facility. 

When the domestic violence charge was addressed in court, he was told to stay out of trouble for 12 months and stay in therapy. When the damage of jail property hearing happened, he was told to get fingerprinted and provide picture ID. He doesn't have a picture ID, so we had to get that. Well, we couldn't really do that when he spent so much time in jail.

After that, he was ordered by the Juvenile court to stay at one of 2 locations since he has been kicked out of my house. The first place won't/can't let him stay because he's over 18. The other place can't guarantee a bed for him. I asked the PO why they ordered him to stay there when he CAN'T and she couldn't give me an answer and didn't offer any help. I think I previously blogged about how he didn't have a bed one night, so he went to a friend's, that's why he was arrested and had an ankle monitor placed. But they still didn't give him a place to stay for sure.

He was dumb one night. A friend asked for help, and he left in the middle of the night to get drunk and be with her. I asked the PO to give me 24 hours to get him into a treatment facility and she said that was impossible. 

This kid has talked about killing himself nonstop for the past 2 months. He has overdosed on medication twice, smashed his head into a window while in handcuffs to try and hurt himself, wrapped bedding around his neck to try and hang himself, and tried to bite, scratch, and cut himself several times. But the "system" seems to think he should be in jail instead of getting help.

If he hadn't been arrested for the DV in April, he wouldn't have had the jail's property damage charge, and he wouldn't have been arrested again. This kid needs a help that is not being offered by the people who should be helping him. I can't get help from the juvenile court because this is adult court. I can't get answers from adult court because he's not my dependent anymore. I can't find out who his court-appointed lawyer is or who his PO is or how to transfer him to the facility I arranged for him. 

AHHH! I don't know who to call to address all thee problems. I don't know how to handle it all, especially with my dad getting angry at me every other day (sometimes every single day)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jail Time

Dawnie

Summary of system failures